Elbow Nipples

I've been feeling all too blessed to be here in this big bad world that we call home.  But... what comfort I feel when I realize that this is not home is fifteen katrillion bajillion mcmillion times better. This is the time to prepare to meet God. That is what I shall do. Prepare like a mad man.

Howevzies, that's not what I want to talk about at this time. Nope not at all. I want to talk about my Momzie. Shez the bestiez.

||| DONNA |||
Age: 39 years and 343 days old
Favorite color: Purple
Guilty pleasure: Pillows (hers loves tos sleeps withs pillers)
Nickname[s]: Mom, Mommy, Mother, Mumzie, Mummy, Maw 


This here is my mommy. This straw to my berry. The Fat to my Amy. The best to my friend. The crazy to my *b*. She's the bomb and I'm so blessed, SO blessed, to have her as the one to guide me down the paths of righteousness. 

Let me tell you a little something about this momzilla of my mine.

At the tender age of 25 she was diagnosed with a slew of health problems. One of which is Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA).

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a chronic disease that causes pain, stiffness, swelling, and loss of function in the joints. It occurs when your immune system, the system that protects your body from outside harm, mistakenly starts attacking healthy tissue.


This causes inflammation that leads to swelling in the joints, making them progressively less and less mobile. If not managed properly, over time, RA can cause joint damage—and can even result in permanent joint destruction. And keep you from doing the things you love.


The autoimmune process that wreaks havoc on the joints can also affect the eyes, lungs, skin, heart and blood vessels, and other organs. The medications you take for RA can have unwanted side effects as well. And, dealing with a chronic disease like RA day in and day out may cause emotional distress. Many people with RA suffer from depression.

Ol' girl has RA to the worst extent. 
Physically, she is a lame horse. 
Emotionally, she is a ticking time bomb. 
Mentally, she as sharp as a tack. 

ME? Meh. My emotions are sad. 
When I think of my mommy, it makes my whole heart sad. She is SO young and has been given SO much.  Sure, she's made some silly decisions up until the age of 25; but, HEY she is a changed lady and I'm blessed to have her. 

On the rheumatoid factor--a blood test that measures the amount of the RF antibody in the blood-- she doesn't even register on the scale. You get this little figure " >1000" Isn't that promising? 

My mom is sicky. One day she will get better AND it will be great. But until then, I just want you to know about this little gem who has the very best title in the world: Mommy. 

RA is a bitch. What hurts more than anything is knowing that Sophia and John haven't had the same Donna that I did at their age. A part of me covets that special time I had with her when she was healthy but another part of my wants to shove those memories away so it is fair to the young little kiddos. MEH. ya do what ya gots tuh do. 

I'm blessed. So are you. 


PS- Elbow Nipples are what we call mom's nodules on her elbows... They look like the daintiest little nippy nips. If you're nice, she'll let you touch them (;

No comments